What is Dermaplaning?
It is a safe and simple procedure for exfoliating the top dead layer of skin (epidermis) and ridding the skin of peach fuzz (fine vellus hair).
How does it work?
Using a surgical blade and a delicate touch I simply exfoliate the outer layer of the dead skin cells and fine facial hair in small sections using light feathering strokes.
What does it do?
- Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Removes vellus hair "peach fuzz"
- Reduces the appearance of hyper-pigmentation
- Stimulates circulation
- Encourages normal shedding (called desquamation) of the outer dead skin cells (stratum corneum)
- Improves topical product penetration and hydration
- Preps skin for other corrective facials
- Alternative to facial waxing
- Safe and gentle, great for sensitive skin
- Allergy to Nickel
- Inflamed Acne or numerous raised lesions
- An individual that can not lay still, as movement during the treatment can cause micro-slice (think paper-cut)
- Clients taking blood thinners, there is a potential to “nick” the skin
How long does it take?
The treatment lasts between 45-60 mins. and is usually done every 3-4 weeks.