What is microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion (microderm) is an effective exfoliation treatments that can address a variety of issues from ageing to acneic skin conditions.
What is the difference between crystal and diamond tip?
Crystal use a compressor that sucks in air, that when the hand-held wand touches the face it creates a vacuum, that both sprays and vacuums up aluminum oxide crystals. As the wand moves across your face, it blasts the skin surface, removing dead skin cells of the epidermis along the way that is then vacuumed up into the machine's canister. The depth of exfoliation is controlled by the strength of the vacuum and crystal flow, which is determined by esthetician.
Diamond-Tip uses the same vacuum technology and hand-held wand as crystal, but it exfoliates the skin with gritted tips (much like sandpaper) and the vacuum whisks the dead skin away. There are many different tips with various grades of roughness, and the esthetician choose the correct one for your skin type and condition.
Crystal and diamond-tip do the same thing but yet the degree of effectiveness varies greatly. If we were to compare your skin to a car getting a new paint job. Crystal removes the old paint quickly and effectively, like sandblasting. Diamond-tip is then used to buff out any imperfections on the new paint job.
We rate your skin between 1-4. 1 being minimal pores and fine lines, mild pigmentation and 4 being severe pigmentation, deep wrinkles and acneic scares. Diamond-tip can help with skin rated 1-2, while crystal can give great results after one treatment with a skin rating between 2-4. We together, will decided which one to use, depending on your skin issues, home care, level of maintenance wanted, etc.
What does it do?
- softens fine lines and wrinkles
- helps to smooth coarsely textured skin
- decreases the appearance of scarring
- decreases pore size
- reduces superficial hyper-pigmentation (age spots)
- extremely sensitive skin
- uncontrolled diabetes or high blood pressure
- vascular conditions: like rosacea, skin inflammation, bacterial infections, lack of tactile sensation, keloid scarring, cuts and abrasions
- received Botox within 72 hours
- received Fillers with 1 week
- are sunburned
- viral infections like herpes simplex, may want to seek preventative medication by your Dr. as microderm does stimulate the follicle and may lead to a outbreak
- if you are taking anti-coagulant drugs.
How long does it take?
This service can be done once but for best results, initially it should be done once every week for 4-6 weeks; with maintenance once every 3-4 weeks. The treatment lasts between 45-60 mins.