What Conditions (Contra-Indications) Would Prevent a Massage From Being Done?
When you have any of these TOTAL Contra-Indications, please do not book a massage:
- Skin diseases
- Contagious or infectious diseases, including any cold or flu no matter how mild it may seem
- Under the influence of drug or alcohol—including prescription pain medication
These LOCAL Contra-Indications will allow me to do a massage but not over the areas affected by:
- Varicose veins
- Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
- Cuts or abrasions
- Undiagnosed pain
If you suffer from any of the following MEDICAL Contra-Indications, massage can only be performed after it has been approved in writing by your physician:
- Cardio-vascular ailments (thrombosis, phlebitis, hypertension, heart conditions)
- Psoriasis or eczema
- High blood pressure
- Neurosis or psychotic conditions
- Heart problems, angina (wearers of pacemakers)
- Bell’s Palsy, trapped or pinched nerves
- Gynecological infections
- Recent operations or acute injuries
- At-Risk Pregnancy or before 12 weeks gestation
Because it is non-invasive, relaxing and natural, massage is considered safe treatment for most people. The restrictions previously stated are in place to protect your health and well-being. I hope you understand and consider them as seriously as I do.
What is the pressure of your massage?
When it comes to massage my philosophy is if you can relax the whole body and mind then the individual areas will release. My style would be described as medium pressure with emphasis on the upper back and neck area.
I am pregnant, can I come in?
All services offered at Spa Liz can be customized for the pregnant mama! Just when scheduling please make a note so that the room can be setup accordingly.
Spa Liz does not charge more just because your pregnant, it is the same price as a non-pregnant client.
When receiving a massage at Spa Liz when pregnant, it will be done in a side-lying position. Side-lying is the best, safest, way to receive a massage because it does not compress major blood vessels as well put more stress on the lower back. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me via email or phone!
As always if you have any of the below contraindications, please wait until after your pregnancy to book your appt. Also always check with your ob/gyn for their approval on the service you wish to have.