What is LED Light Therapy?
LED stands for Light Emitting Diodes. Light Therapy is a non-invasive treatment. The benefits of light on the human body and mind have been recognized in the medical arena and NASA for over 30 years. LED delivers energy to your cells, similar to how plants absorb light via photosynthesis. The LED enters the mitochondria (powerhouse of the cell) generating ATP production (fuel for our cells) which improves every function of our skin. LED been proven to accelerate cellular metabolism by activating cytochromes, the part of our cells that respond to light and color, increasing their energy levels to stimulate tissue growth and regeneration. The Celluma specifically applies a combination of LED lights with a unique photo-modulation technology that has been proven to increase the skin’s ability to absorb the energy from the light.
What is the general treatment plan?
For best results a series of 8 treatments, 2 times per week will givve your skin the most benefits but results are seen after one treatment. This is a great trreatment alone but to add it on to another Corrective Facial gives amazing resutls!
- Blue LED (Acne): twice weekly for 4 weeks - 8 treatments
- Red LED (Anti-Aging): once weekly for 8 weeks - 8 treatments
- Infra Red LED (Pain Relief): once every 3 days or as needed
- Increases circulation
- Stimulates the production of collagen
- Helps to heal wounds
- Protects healthy skin
- Helps to repair damaged skin
- Decreases pore size
- Useful in skin rejuvenation
- Increases RNA and DNA synthesis, helping damaged cells to replace more promptly
- Stimulates fibroblastic activity
- Increases lymphatic system activity
- Kills bacteria that causes acne
- Comforts sore muscles, aches and pains
- Increases moisture retention
- Firms skin
- Increases oxygenation and restoration of skin’s natural cellular activity, which keeps the skin renewed and fresh.
- FDA approved
These are just some, please get written release from your Dr. if you have any condition or medication that you are unsure of or is listed above.
- Must wait five days after Botox or cosmetic fillers.
- Using Retin-A, Retinol or hydroxy acids must discontinue use 5 days before
- Must be off Accutane/Isotretinoin for at least 6 months
- You may need to take a break from any medications that cause photosensitivity prior to treatment
- Women who are pregnant should consult their physician before beginning LED light therapy treatments.
- Clients on Light Sensitivity Medication should consult their physician before beginning LED Light Therapy Treatments.
- Clients with Epilepsy should consult their physician before beginning LED light therapy treatments