What is a Chemical Exf Peels (Exfoliation)
Offering a wide variety of chemical peels ingredients and strengths to stimulate collagen production, improve overall skin tone, exfoliate and hydrate the skin.
All clients wishing to receive a Chemical Peel must come in for either a skin analysis or another facial before a chemical peel. Spa Liz's home care products must be purchased and used before and after peel to ensure the desired results can be achieved
How do we choose the correct peel:
Your exfoliation will depend on your current skin home care regime, skin analysis and overall goal. Spa Liz always recommends and test patch before a Spa Liz and Company offers a variety of different chemical exfoliations or more commonly called chemical peels. Peels is actually misleading because the newer formulations on the market may not actually cause a "peeling" effect to create amazing skin results.
A chemical "peel" intention is to remove the outermost layers of the skin and begins the process to regenerate the epidermal (top layer of skin) layer.
Cranberry Turnover Peel - For oily/acneic skin. Exfoliate and reduce oil with a cranberry creamy peel. This aggressive mixture helps to resurface and refine skin and pores, remove oil and debris and protect from bacterial infections. Ideal for oily, acneic skin.
Lactic - Smooths, hydrates and brightens, improving the appearance of fine lines and pigmentation discolorations with little to no downtime. Preferred option for dry and sensitive skin as well as first time peel clients. Added antioxidants help repair damage and strengthen skin.
Glycolic - Repairs and regenerates skin, effectively aids oily, problematic skin. Improves the appearance of lines, uneven tone and texture.
Salicylic - Deeply cleanses pores with antiseptic properties. Treats oily, congested and acne-prone skin. Helps rejuvenate, smooth and balance the complexion.
Pro-5 - A chemical exfoliant uniquely blended with five alpha and poly hydroxy acids. Both effective and gentle, this modern formulation balances results with no downtime and is even appropriate for use on clients with sensitive skin. Upon application skin is clearer, invigorated and glō-ing.
Retinol-C Exfoliant- Achieve skin sloughing. This leave-on, anhydrous Retinol and Vitamin C formula is designed to be used either as a stand-alone treatment or to intensify another chemical exfoliant.
- Lighten hyper-pigmentation
- Reduce pigmentation
- Even skin tone
- Refine fine lines
- Diminish Surface Wrinkles
- Refines Acne Scarring
- Reduces bacteria that causes Acne
- Exfoliate dead skin
- Improves Acneic conditions
- Minimize enlarged pores
- Smooth and soften skin texture
- Reduces dryness & dehydration
- Help clear congested and clogged pores
- To create a wound response in the skin that signals fibroblasts thereby building up the dermis and giving the skin a firmer and more plump appearance.... therefore stimulating collagen (this is the case more so with stronger chemical peels)
- Fibroblasts are the cells responsible for collagen production
- Pregnant or nursing
- Accuntane or Clavris - use within 1-2 years
- Open cold sores or other infections
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Unusual tendency to scar
- Current use of Antibiotics both topical or oral
- Skin types V and VI for deeper peels
- Allergies to Asprin for Salicylic
- Post-facial surgery - 6 months
- Injectables - 2 weeks before & 2 weeks after
- Laser services - 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after
- Fitzpatrick skin types must also be considered to avoid post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
Things to avoid until skin is healed:
- Hot baths or showers
- Retinoids or Alpha hydroxy acides
- Picking or rubbing
- Sun Exposure